Zinc chloride is one of the most important commodities in the inorganic salt industry. It has a wide range of applications, many of which are used in printing and dyeing plants and in the production of dyestuffs. Zinc Chloride Solution is soluble in water, soluble in methanol, ethanol, glycerol, ether, acetone and insoluble in liquid chlorine. It has strong deliquescence and can absorb moisture from the air and deliquesce. It has the property of dissolving metal oxides and cellulose. Molten zinc chloride has very good electrical conductivity. It forms dark white fumes when hot. Zinc chloride is corrosive and harmful to humans, so it should be stored in a sealed and dry place.
Zinc Chloride Solution
Zinc chloride has many applications in different industries, including the pharmaceutical, health care and paper industries. Chemical products are also formulated with zinc chloride. Depending on the type of industry, zinc chloride is used in the following applications:
1. Chemical industry - Zinc chloride is used in the manufacture of various dyes, intermediate chemicals and solvents, such as ethyl acetate.
2. Synthesis of organic products - Organic products are synthesized in the laboratory for the Lewis acid reaction and various other reactions. It is also used as a catalyst in organic processes.
3. Metallurgical industry - It is used as a metal etchant and metallurgical fusion agent. Zinc Chloride is used as a flux in the welding process. It is also used in the manufacture of magnesium oxide cement and it is used as an active ingredient in dental fillings and mouthwash.
4. 4. Printing and textile industry - About 64% of zinc chloride in water is used to dissolve silk, cellulose and starch. It finds many other uses as a fire retardant and fabric refresher. Vulcanized fibers are manufactured by soaking paper in concentrated zinc chloride. Zinc chloride is used as a mordant for dyeing and printing materials. 5.
5. petroleum - zinc chloride is a powerful emulsion breaker, separating oil from water.
6. dry cell batteries - Zinc chloride is used as an electrolyte in dry cell batteries.
7. Other uses - It is used as a condensing agent, dehydrating agent, wood preservative, deodorizer and disinfectant.
Zinc chloride has a large number of applications in various industries, and its range of applications will increase over time through research. However, this chemical is known to cause skin irritation, gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, nausea and lung problems, which can be avoided by taking proper safety measures in chemical manufacturing laboratories and plants.
The company also offers Anhydrous Zinc Chloride, please feel free to contact us if you need